Hi guys, it’s been a while since I shared a new recipe here. I’m recovering nicely from my hip replacement surgery and I finally created a new, delicious treat to share with you on this Meatless Monday. This Rustic White Bean and Sun-dried Tomato dip is super easy to make. I’m talking less than 10 minutes to whip up in your blender or food processor. I made mine right in our Ninja.
I was going over to my parents’ house for dinner to celebrate my Dad’s birthday and I wanted to bring something I could share with everyone. My nieces and mom try to stay gluten-free, and of course my recipes are always vegan. This tasty dip is fairly healthy and suitable for all of our dietary preferences. It tastes great on carrot sticks or tortilla chips – you could use whatever dipper you like with this white bean and sun-dried tomato dip.
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 5 or 6 large sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- pinch salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients except a few pieces of sun-dried tomato in food processor or blender
- Blend until dip is your desired texture - you can make it as chunky or smooth as you like
- Garnish with reserved chopped sun-dried tomato
- Serve with veggies and/or chips of your choice
You can make this dip as chunky or smooth as you like. I like mine on the smoother side, but it would be great chunky as well.
A little extra olive oil drizzled on top before serving is nice, but your family and friends will scarf this dip down with or without it. This Rustic White Bean and Sun-dried Tomato Dip is a great appetizer for get-togethers (you may want to double the recipe if you’re having more than 8 or 10 people), a healthy after school snack for the kids, and a perfect snack for Sunday or (Meatless) Monday Night Football.
What’s your favorite healthy snack for Meatless Monday?